Something new and exciting is coming your way.
IN A NUTSHELL…
- We organise movie screenings that are open to everyone.
- No curation or selection of films. All films submitted are shown.
- Our events are not competitions. There are no prizes or juries.
- Max 20 minute film length
- No hate or pornography allowed.
- New exciting venue each time.
- Free of charge for audience members and film-makers alike.
BACKGROUND AND PHILOSOPHY…
We’re open. Since hosting our first event in 2004, Openscreen has provided a stage for film-makers to experiment and try out new ideas. We set no criteria for the theme, style or genre of the work submitted. These are entirely up to the film maker. What we do provide are exciting venues and the instant feedback of a live audience. As we do not select or curate the work shown at our events, both the audience and the those submitting films can expect to experience the unexpected.
For everyone. Over the years we have screened home-cooked movies by first time film-makers as well as the work of seasoned industry professionals. All this makes for a exciting events where new points of view are expressed and interesting conversations are started between film-makers and the live audience.